Eligibility will be a decision made by the Advisory Team. Written documentation administrated by a licensed Psychometrist or Psychologist is also a requirement for eligibility in the R.I.S.E. program. Students’ professional documentation must be current to be enrolled in the program. *In the event that a student does not obtain a formal ruling, he/she may still qualify for assistance from the R.I.S.E. program here at Discovery Christian School exclusively if he/she has met other requirements for enrollment. Final eligibility will be determined by the Advisory Team, Administration, Program Director, R.I.S.E. Teacher, and classroom teacher.
• Accommodations in R.I.S.E. are offered to students in 1st-12th grade.
• R.I.S.E. provides accommodations for testing based on the student’s documented learning difference and their individualized needs as noted on their Individual Learning Plan (ILP).
• Accommodations do not compromise or alter the students curriculum, and does not guarantee a passing grade for a class.
R.I.S.E. Student Support Services
• Offered to Discovery School students 1st -12th grade who have specific learning differences, deficits, and learning styles.
• The goal of the program is that students will be able to function both academically and socially in the regular classroom through the appropriate interventions and accommodations.
• Educates students on how to use specific learning strategies as well as study techniques to close the academic learning gap that is currently present.
• R.I.S.E. is NOT a tutoring service or a Special Education class
The R.I.S.E. program supports Discovery Christian School students who have speci!c learning differences with the end goal of helping them RISE to their full potential both academically and socially in the regular classroom setting. The Director of Special Programs will work jointly with the student, parent, teacher and Head of School to develop an Individual Learning Plan (ILP) for each student. The R.I.S.E. program has an aspiration to partner with families to support the student’s learning experience(s) while at Discovery Christian School.
R.I.S.E. Dyslexia Therapy
Students in the R.I.S.E. program must have the cognitive ability (score 70 or above on an IQ test) as well as be able to participate in general education classes. The goal of R.I.S.E. is to support students in meeting Discovery’s academic standards. The R.I.S.E. program is NOT to provide students with a completely different program from what is o"ered to all students enrolled at Discovery Christian School.
BUY SPORT PASSES
QUESTIONS? about enrolling at DCS, click here
HELP Support DCS and
Please consider "Giving" to DCS individually or as a business!
(You will enter our school name,
your child's grade and gender, and start shopping)
One Time Non-Refundable Enrollment Fee: $100
Yearly Fee: $1750
The R.I.S.E. program is an additional fee and is added to tuition and other fees required for enrollment in Discovery Christian School.
For more information please contact:
Jessica Wade • (601) 891-0608 • email@example.com
R.I.S.E. Student Support
One Time, Non-Refundable Registration Fee: $100
Yearly Supply Fee: $150 | Yearly Fee: $4800
Dyslexia Therapy Service
Discovery Christian School’s Dyslexic Therapist(s) have received a certi!cate of completion from an IMSLEC accredited program. Our Dyslexia Therapy program is an Orton Gillingham based program that provides multi-sensory instruction through auditory, visual and kinesthetic pathways. Through the use of an alphabetic phonics method, DCS therapist will teach the structure of the English language with an explicit, direct instruction that is systematic, sequential, and cumulative with reading, spelling, and written expression.
• Participants must have a professional diagnosis of Dyslexia to participate.
• Each student will receive 3 seasons of dyslexia therapy per week for 45-60 minutes each session.
One Time, Non-Refundable Enrollment Fee: $100
Supply Fee: $75 | Yearly Fee: $2400.